Rover, call me an ambulance — dog calls 911 (Health)
Rover, call me an ambulance — dog calls 911
AP - Sept. 14, 2008
PHOENIX - "Man's best friend" doesn't go far enough for Buddy — a German shepherd who remembered his training and saved his owner's life by calling 911 when the man had a seizure.
And it's not the first time Buddy has been there for owner Joe Stalnaker, a police officer said Sunday.
On a recording of the 911 call Wednesday, Buddy is heard whimpering and barking after the dispatcher answers and repeatedly asks if the caller needs help.
"Hello, this is 911. Hello ... Can you hear me? Is there somebody there you can give the phone to," says the dispatcher, Chris Scott.
Police were sent to Stalnaker's home, and after about three minutes Buddy is heard barking loudly when the officers arrived.
Scottsdale police Sgt. Mark Clark said Stalnaker spent two days in a hospital and recovered from the seizure.
Finish reading this at: MSNBC
- Broccoli 'may help protect lungs' - bibleprobe1, 09.13.2008
- Rover, call me an ambulance — dog calls 911 - bibleprobe1, 09.15.2008
- You're in pain. You want relief. Naturally - bibleprobe1, 09.15.2008
- Some fats help, some harm your heart - bibleprobe1, 09.24.2008
- Inhalers for lung problems tied to heart attacks - bibleprobe1, 09.24.2008
- Is your car making you sick? - bibleprobe1, 10.24.2008
- The best cancer-fighting foods - bibleprobe1, 10.25.2008
- Marine motorcycle deaths top their Iraq combat fatalities - bibleprobe1, 10.31.2008