Trump chooses pro-settlement hardliner as Israel envoy (Israel-Jews)
Trump chooses pro-settlement hardliner as Israel envoy
16 December 2016
US President-elect Donald Trump has chosen right-winger David Friedman as America's next ambassador to Israel.
The 57-year-old lawyer is strongly critical of the long-held US goal of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
He also supports Jewish settlement building in the occupied West Bank and moving the US embassy to Jerusalem.
A senior Palestinian official warned that such moves "will be the destruction of the peace process".
Veteran negotiator Saeb Erekat said moving the embassy and "annexing" settlements in the West Bank would send the region down a path to "chaos, lawlessness and extremism".
However, he said he did not really believe that Mr Trump would approve either action.
"The United States at the end of the day is a country of institutions, and they are guided by their national interests," he said.
Veteran negotiator Saeb Erekat warned that major changes in policy would lead to "chaos, lawlessness and extremism"
Mr Friedman said earlier he looked forward to working "from the US Embassy in Israel's eternal capital, Jerusalem".
FINISH READING this at: BBC
- Obama did it - Stuck Israel in the back with UN abstention - bibleprobe, 12.23.2016 (Israel-Jews)
- Graham threatens to pull funding for U.N. over Israeli settlement vote - bibleprobe, 12.24.2016
- Trump chooses pro-settlement hardliner as Israel envoy - bibleprobe, 12.25.2016
- Busted! John Kerry’s 5 HUGE lies (about Israel) - bibleprobe, 12.29.2016
- Golden Globes 2017: Just another bunch of liberal Democrat losers - bibleprobe, 01.08.2017
- 3 Christian Holy Sites Obama Helped Give to Muslims - bibleprobe, 01.09.2017