Graham threatens to pull funding for U.N. over Israeli settlement vote (Israel-Jews)
Graham threatens to pull funding for U.N. over Israeli settlement vote
Doug Stanglin , USATODAY
Sen. Lindsey Graham warned Saturday that he will propose a bill in Congress to pull U.S. funding for the United Nations unless the U.N. Security Council repeals its just-passed resolution condemning Israeli settlements as illegal.
The resolution, a major rebuke to Israel, passed Friday in a 14-0 vote. The U.S., which has vetoed similar resolutions in the past, abstained, allowing it to be adopted.
The measure demands Israel "immediately and completely cease all settlement activities in the occupied Palestinian territory, including East Jerusalem." It declares that the establishment of settlements by Israel has "no legal validity and constitutes a flagrant violation under international law."
The Republican senator from South Carolina told CNN on Saturday that he had been planning to work with the U.N. to create a Marshall Plan to support countries emerging from conflict but won't do it unless the council overturns the resolution.
"I am a huge supporter of foreign aid and the U.N.," he said. "I want to do more, not less. But I can't support funding a body that singles out the only democracy in the Middle East who shares our values."
FINISH READING this at: USAtoday
- Obama did it - Stuck Israel in the back with UN abstention - bibleprobe, 12.23.2016 (Israel-Jews)
- Graham threatens to pull funding for U.N. over Israeli settlement vote - bibleprobe, 12.24.2016
- Trump chooses pro-settlement hardliner as Israel envoy - bibleprobe, 12.25.2016
- Busted! John Kerry’s 5 HUGE lies (about Israel) - bibleprobe, 12.29.2016
- Golden Globes 2017: Just another bunch of liberal Democrat losers - bibleprobe, 01.08.2017
- 3 Christian Holy Sites Obama Helped Give to Muslims - bibleprobe, 01.09.2017