Liberal NJ: Man, 72, faces 'life sentence' for unloaded, antique gun (general)
Liberal state NJ madness: Man, 72, faces 'life sentence' for unloaded, antique gun
Man, 72, faces 'life sentence' for unloaded, antique gun
'It’s the world turned upside-down. Beware of New Jersey. Don't come here'
In a situation reminiscent of the Shaneen Allen case, a 72-year-old retired school teacher in New Jersey faces a 10-year felony sentence (a likely life sentence) and the jeopardization of his pension for possession of an unloaded 300-year-old flintlock pistol.
Gordon Van Gilder taught school for 34 years and is a collector of 18th-century memorabilia. He acquired an antique flintlock pistol from that era and had it unloaded and wrapped in a cloth in his glove compartment when he was pulled over for an alleged minor traffic violation.
Van Gilder consented to a requested search of his vehicle.
“When asked by the officer if there was anything in the car the officer should be worried about,” wrote Andrew Branca on Legal Insurrection, “Van Gilder informed him about the flintlock in the glove box. Although not arrested that day, the next morning several patrol cars woke him at his home and placed him under arrest.”
FINISH READING this at: World Net Daily
- Liberal Madness: Police stop teens seeking snow shoveling work - bibleprobe, 01.29.2015 (general)
- Insurance canceled over Christian message on car - bibleprobe, 02.01.2015
- Liberal Madness: hero pummels 'American Sniper' critic - bibleprobe, 02.01.2015
- Obama's AG nominee in $1 billion Obama cover-up - bibleprobe, 02.08.2015
- Senator probing Obama's Launder-gate 'cover-up'. Loretta Lynch - bibleprobe, 02.11.2015
- Liberal NJ: Man, 72, faces 'life sentence' for unloaded, antique gun - bibleprobe, 02.17.2015
- New at the mall: Fierce black-mob attacks (Ocoee, Florida) - bibleprobe, 02.18.2015
- Public school has students 'bowing to the sun god' - bibleprobe, 02.21.2015