Conservative Lawmaker Who Voted Against John Boehner Raps His Leadership (general)
"If you can't lead and you can't deliver, then your own personal political philosophy is pretty much irrelevant," Nugent said in his letter. "There have been far too many occasions over the last four years where the House has been ineffective."
Conservative Lawmaker Who Voted Against John Boehner Raps His Leadership
WASHINGTON, Jan 12 (Reuters) - One of the conservatives who last week took part in a rebellion against House Speaker John Boehner's re-election castigated the Speaker's leadership style on Monday, calling him "ineffective."
"I can respect the man and certainly the office he holds, but I would be lying if I said I respected his leadership. He simply hasn't earned it," Representative Rich Nugent, a Republican from Florida, said in a letter to his constituents published online in the Tampa Bay Buzz.
Boehner narrowly survived a challenge last Tuesday from 25 conservative Republicans, including Nugent, in the biggest such intra-party rebellion against a speaker candidate since 1859.
After the vote, Nugent and another rebel were booted off the powerful House Rules Committee in apparent retaliation. But the next day, Boehner hinted at a possible reconciliation, saying he was engaged in a "family conversation" with dissident lawmakers.
FINISH READING this at: Huffingtonpost.com
- 'Dump Boehner' push hits Fox News - bibleprobe, 12.30.2014 (general)
- Adriana Cohen: Psst.. liberal media ‘forgot’ a few 2014 Democrat standouts - bibleprobe, 01.03.2015
- Tea party warns House GOP on Boehner - bibleprobe, 01.05.2015
- Obama's identity fraud and Mickey Mouse media - bibleprobe, 01.06.2015
- Dump Boehner movement? Just getting started - bibleprobe, 01.06.2015
- Conservative Lawmaker Who Voted Against John Boehner Raps His Leadership - bibleprobe, 01.17.2015
- Admirals, Generals: Benghazi inquest compromised - bibleprobe, 01.18.2015