Reaction In Little Havana: Deal is 'ultimate bailout' (general)
On Wednesday, they said Obama basically handed Cuban President Raul Castro everything he ever wanted in exchange for no institutional changes in Cuba.
"Obama is on his knees in front of a terrorist regime," he said. "It's sad."
Reaction In Little Havana: Deal is 'ultimate bailout'
by Alan Gomez and Marisol Bello, USA TODAY
MIAMI -- Cuban Americans reacted with mixed emotions to President Obama's announcement today that the U.S. was normalizing relations with Cuba after severing ties more than 50 years ago.
In the Little Havana neighborhood -- the unofficial political heart of this city, where more than half the population, 54%, is of Cuban descent -- hardliners protested with signs decrying Obama's move and chanting, "Traitor, traitor."
Carlos Munoz, a retired veterinarian who left Cuba in 1970, was among a group outside the well-known Cuban restaurant Versailles that was heated in opposition and disappointed by the historic move. Munoz said he felt betrayed by Obama's actions.
"We've been in the fight for Cuban independence for over 50 years, and we just got back-stabbed," said Munoz, 78.
FINISH READING this at: USAtoday
- Robichaud: Stop president’s costly lone wolf amnesty plan - bibleprobe, 11.17.2014 (general)
- Ebola: It's Back! "For God's Sake Get a Grip." - bibleprobe, 11.17.2014
- 14 Dumbest Things Nancy Pelosi Has Said - bibleprobe, 11.24.2014
- Carr: Will Hill put her foot in her mouth again? - bibleprobe, 12.03.2014
- Mike Ditka on Ferguson, Missouri's looting and nonsense - bibleprobe, 12.03.2014
- SOLUTION to Obama's trashing of the Constitution is obvious - bibleprobe, 12.05.2014
- Mass. Illegal Immigrants: Carr: State Babel-ing on about welfare - bibleprobe, 12.07.2014
- Federal judge: Obama's amnesty unconstitutional - bibleprobe, 12.16.2014
- Sneaky USA plan in works to pump up gas prices - bibleprobe, 12.17.2014
- GOP legend quits Congress with message for America - bibleprobe, 12.17.2014
- Reaction In Little Havana: Deal is 'ultimate bailout' - bibleprobe, 12.17.2014
- HGTV Pulls Plug On Show With Christian Hosts - bibleprobe, 12.24.2014
- Hillary Clinton Labels Israel An Occupying Force - bibleprobe, 12.25.2014