Sneaky USA plan in works to pump up gas prices (general)
Sneaky plan in works to pump up gas prices
Falling gas prices have been like an early, unexpected Christmas present for millions of motorists and working families.
With average pump prices about 60 cents lower than they were a year ago and a dollar lower than they were this summer, many families might find they’re able to put a few more presents under the tree this year.
But don’t get too excited.
Politicians in some states are already devising plans to play Scrooge and snatch the savings before they can even be fully realized.
Seeing the falling fuel prices as an opportunity, legislators and governors in several states are eyeing their state gas taxes as ripe for an increase.
As the theory goes, it’s better to raise the gas tax when prices at the pump are low, even if it’s just a temporary blip, so consumers won’t notice what has been done to them.
Republican governors in Michigan, Georgia, New Jersey, Utah and South Carolina are all pondering hikes in their states’ gas tax, while Democrat governors in Delaware, Vermont and Kentucky are also considering increases. In the case of South Carolina, the tax increase has been proposed by a Republican legislator but opposed by Gov. Nikki Haley.
North Carolina‘s gas tax is already set to increase by 1 cent in January while in California a new “carbon tax” will add at least 15 cents to the cost of each gallon of gas starting in 2015.
FINISH READING this at: World Net Daily
- Robichaud: Stop president’s costly lone wolf amnesty plan - bibleprobe, 11.17.2014 (general)
- Ebola: It's Back! "For God's Sake Get a Grip." - bibleprobe, 11.17.2014
- 14 Dumbest Things Nancy Pelosi Has Said - bibleprobe, 11.24.2014
- Carr: Will Hill put her foot in her mouth again? - bibleprobe, 12.03.2014
- Mike Ditka on Ferguson, Missouri's looting and nonsense - bibleprobe, 12.03.2014
- SOLUTION to Obama's trashing of the Constitution is obvious - bibleprobe, 12.05.2014
- Mass. Illegal Immigrants: Carr: State Babel-ing on about welfare - bibleprobe, 12.07.2014
- Federal judge: Obama's amnesty unconstitutional - bibleprobe, 12.16.2014
- Sneaky USA plan in works to pump up gas prices - bibleprobe, 12.17.2014
- GOP legend quits Congress with message for America - bibleprobe, 12.17.2014
- Reaction In Little Havana: Deal is 'ultimate bailout' - bibleprobe, 12.17.2014
- HGTV Pulls Plug On Show With Christian Hosts - bibleprobe, 12.24.2014
- Hillary Clinton Labels Israel An Occupying Force - bibleprobe, 12.25.2014