There was an article awhile back about hair salons that were being cited for unsafe levels of formaldehyde in the air. I think that one of the Brazilian straightening products was one of the ones that used to actually write, "formaldehyde free" on the label... but were forced to correct it. Look out for any product that lists methylene glycol or methanediol as an ingredient... that's how a lot of hair products sell, by disguising formaldehyde as a main ingredient. As you said, it's a carcinogen... and when you use it to straighten your hair, you're naturally going to heat it with a flat iron so you not only have the potential risk of cancer from absorbing it into your skin, but it becomes airborne and can cause permanent breathing problems. That's nasty stuff... no, it's not worth it!
I asked The Lord how much He loved me
He stretched out His arms and said, "this much"
Then He died for me
- Why sugar is worse than fat & 1-minute 'Cure ALL' - bibleprobe, 09.11.2014 (Health)
- Don't believe the lie that Soybeans are good for you. Just the opposite. - bibleprobe, 09.15.2014
- Steer Clear of Bottled Water (It’s Worse Than Tap Water) - bibleprobe, 10.04.2014
- Wrinkle Free Clothes – Is Formaldehyde Worth the Risks? - bibleprobe, 10.26.2014
- Formaldehyde - fezik82, 10.26.2014
- Manuka Honey can destroy MRSA and other highly resistant pathogens - bibleprobe, 12.08.2014
- What makes Apple Cider Vinegar so magical? - bibleprobe, 12.08.2014