Steer Clear of Bottled Water (It’s Worse Than Tap Water) (Health)
Here’s a little quip from the former chairman of Perrier: “It struck me…that all you had to do is take the water out of the ground and then sell it for more than the price of wine, milk, or for that matter, oil.”
Steer Clear of Bottled Water (It’s Worse Than Tap Water)
October 4, 2014
Don’t believe the hype
The Natural Resources Defense Council and the Government Accountability Office conducted independent studies on the purity of bottled water, as well as the stringency of the standards surrounding its production.
The results were less than heartening.
Both studies found that in the United States, bottled water is subject to far less stringent regulations and safety tests than tap water—and therefore that bottled water is much more likely to contain contaminants than its municipal counterpart.
Out of 1,000 bottles sourced from 103 different companies and tested by the NRDC, one third was considered significantly contaminated.
Here’s just a sampling of their data: 22% contained arsenic or synthetic, cancer-causing compounds; 17% contained more bacteria than is allowed by the guidelines of most states; and 20% contained industrial chemicals like toluene or xylene.
They revealed that there’s no bottled water regulations prohibiting E. coli or fecal coliform bacteria, common water pathogens like Cryptosporidium and Giardia (which cause diarrhea and potentially severe intestinal issues), or phthalate and other cancer-causing chemicals.
FINISH READING this here:
- Why sugar is worse than fat & 1-minute 'Cure ALL' - bibleprobe, 09.11.2014
- Don't believe the lie that Soybeans are good for you. Just the opposite. - bibleprobe, 09.15.2014
- Steer Clear of Bottled Water (It’s Worse Than Tap Water) - bibleprobe, 10.04.2014
- Wrinkle Free Clothes – Is Formaldehyde Worth the Risks? - bibleprobe, 10.26.2014
- Formaldehyde - fezik82, 10.26.2014
- Manuka Honey can destroy MRSA and other highly resistant pathogens - bibleprobe, 12.08.2014
- What makes Apple Cider Vinegar so magical? - bibleprobe, 12.08.2014