FDA doesn't test Bottled Water! Municipalities do test tap water (Health)
FDA doesn't test Bottled Water! Your bottled water may have never been tested. Municipalities do test tap water...
There is a BIG health issue regarding someone consuming bottled water and products such as Coca Cola and other soft drinks inside plastic containers on a regular basis. Then there is the HUGE problem of thrown away plastic containers killing our fish and contaminating our oceans, lakes & rivers. The best thing we can do for our health and environment is refuse to buy anything in a plastic container.
Documentary: 'Tapped' - about how using anything in a plastic BPA bottle, such as bottled water or soft drinks on a regular basis is very bad for your health and the environment. See at Netflix
The chemical bisphenol-A (a/k/a BPA) is found in PET 1 plastic bottles and other plastic bottles - which is what bottled water & soft drinks like Coca Cola come in. Bisphenol-A has been shown to cause cancer and make estrogen in the human body. One needs to remember a typical municipal water supply is tested hundreds of times a week and often hundreds of times a day in big cities. The FDA doesn't require tests for bottled water at all. Most bottled water comes not from pure water springs; but merely from the same municipal water supplies that your tap water comes from. Bottled water companies test their own water, or not.
A 2004 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found detectable levels of BPA in 93% of 2517 urine samples from people six years and older.
Bisphenol-A is an endocrine disruptor - a substance which interferes with the production, secretion, transport, action, function and elimination of natural hormones. BPA can imitate our body's own hormones in a way that could be hazardous for health. Babies and young children are said to be especially sensitive to the effects of BPA.
- Gastric bypass alternative- powder expands & fills stomach - bibleprobe, 01.12.2014
- Why Curcumin is Officially the “King of All Spices” - bibleprobe, 01.27.2014
- Stop Cooking with Aluminum Foil! - bibleprobe, 02.10.2014
- FDA doesn't test Bottled Water! Municipalities do test tap water - bibleprobe, 02.15.2014
- 10 reasons to give up diet soda - bibleprobe, 02.16.2014
- Strawberries may drastically reduce esophageal cancer - bibleprobe, 02.19.2014
- Cinnamon - a simple cure for diabetes? God likes Cinnamon! - bibleprobe, 02.23.2014