Cayenne Pepper: If you can take the heat - is very healthy (Health)
Cayenne Pepper: If you can take the heat - is very healthy
I sprinkle some into spaghetti sauce. /s/ Steve
Cayenne is high in 'capsaicin' which has been widely studied for its pain-reducing effects, its cardiovascular benefits, and its ability to help prevent ulcers. Capsaicin also effectively opens and drains congested nasal passages. AND MORE:
Cayenne and other red chili peppers have been shown to reduce blood cholesterol, triglyceride levels, and platelet aggregation, while increasing the body's ability to dissolve fibrin, a substance integral to the formation of blood clots. Cultures where hot peppers like cayenne are used liberally have a much lower rate of heart attack, stroke and pulmonary embolism.
Capsaicin not only reduces pain, but its peppery heat also stimulates secretions that help clear mucus from your stuffed up nose or congested lungs. Capsaicin is similar to a compound found in many cold remedies for breaking up congestion, except that capsaicin works much faster. A tea made with hot cayenne pepper very quickly stimulates the mucus membranes lining the nasal passages to drain, helping to relieve congestion and stuffiness. Next cold and flu season, give it a try.
Cayenne peppers' bright red color signals its high content of beta-carotene or pro-vitamin A. Just two teaspoons of cayenne pepper provide 47% of the daily value for vitamin A. Often called the anti-infection vitamin, vitamin A is essential for healthy epithelial tissues including the mucous membranes that line the nasal passages, lungs, intestinal tract and urinary tract and serve as the body's first line of defense against invading pathogens.
Prevent Stomach Ulcers
Chili peppers like cayenne have a bad--and undeserved--reputation for contributing to stomach ulcers. Not only do they not cause ulcers, these hot peppers may help prevent them by killing bacteria you may have ingested, while powerfully stimulating the cells lining the stomach to secrete protective buffering juices that prevent ulcer formation. The use of cayenne pepper is actually associated with a reduced risk of stomach ulcers.
All that heat you feel after eating hot chili peppers takes energy--and calories to produce. Even sweet red peppers have been found to contain substances that significantly increase thermogenesis (heat production) and oxygen consumption for more than 20 minutes after they are eaten.
FINISH READING this: HERE
- Cancer: Mom's Not Having Chemo... Cachexia… the real killer? - bibleprobe, 10.21.2013
- Hundreds of thousands losing health plans - bibleprobe, 10.23.2013
- Amazing SUPERFOODS (Spirulina & Chlorella & Chia Seeds) - bibleprobe, 10.28.2013
- Is Lung Cancer due heavily to Smoking? I THINK not! - bibleprobe, 11.02.2013
- Would you eat meat processed in China? NOT me! - bibleprobe, 11.07.2013
- Garlic as Effective as Medication in Lowering Blood Pressure - bibleprobe, 11.07.2013
- Cancer: American pawpaw twigs - 1000 x better than chemo? - bibleprobe, 11.14.2013
- This "Healthy" Food Damages Your Heart - bibleprobe, 11.18.2013
- Cancer: Cancer Patient Has Tumor Removed in Less Than an Hour - bibleprobe, 11.26.2013
- Boost anti-cancer effect of broccoli with broccoli sprouts - bibleprobe, 12.05.2013
- Cancer: Can inducing fever KILL off all your Cancer cells? - bibleprobe, 12.09.2013
- Hope: CD47 Cancer Drug that Shrinks or Cures all Tumors - bibleprobe, 12.15.2013
- EDTA Cream to remove artery plaque? - bibleprobe, 12.30.2013
- Cancer Cure - Sodium Dichloroacetate (DCA)? - bibleprobe, 12.30.2013
- Cayenne Pepper: If you can take the heat - is very healthy - bibleprobe, 01.07.2014
- Gastric bypass alternative- powder expands & fills stomach - bibleprobe, 01.12.2014
- Did Omega 3 in fish oil cure this extreme brain trauma? - bibleprobe, 01.18.2014
- Cure yourself of Alzheimer's or Dementia naturally. See book - bibleprobe, 01.21.2014
- Cancer: Chamomile Tea Kills Cancer Cells - bibleprobe, 11.22.2014