This "Healthy" Food Damages Your Heart (Health)
This "Healthy" Food Damages Your Heart
While reading today's article, remember that heart disease is the #1 KILLER of people in today's modern world, with even higher death rates than cancer! For some reason, most people don't seem to care about this topic until it's too late and they have a heart attack or even DIE as early as their 30's or 40's in some people
By Mike Geary - Certified Nutrition Specialist
Author of best-sellers: The Fat Burning Kitchen & The Top 101 Foods that FIGHT Aging
It's time people started taking heart health seriously before it's too late. Unfortunately, most people don't think about something they can't readily see or feel... after all, you can't "see" how much plaque your arteries are clogged with on a daily basis like you can see how much body fat you have on any given day.
This means that most people ignore their heart health until they actually have a heart attack or even die. Even worse, I see so many people make jokes about clogged arteries while eating junk food, saying things like "I'd rather enjoy life than worry about clogged arteries". Uh, sorry pal, but you can't enjoy life if you're DEAD!
This mentality that so many people have of not caring about the ticking time bomb of your heart health is sad if you think about it.
And do eating donuts and fried chicken REALLY equate to "enjoying life"? Not for me!
Enjoying life for me is skiing deep powder in the winter, hiking beautiful mountains and enjoying nature in the summer, barreling down a mountain biking trail on my bike, playing games and having laughs with friends, and of course, enjoying some good aged cheese with a great red wine -- both of which by the way, can help to protect your arteries... the antioxidants and resveratrol in red wine have been shown to help protect your heart health, and the vitamin K2 in a good aged cheese have been proven in scientific studies to help prevent artery calcification.
One thing that sometimes wakes people up is to actually get an artery calcification test and see how clogged their arteries already are. This is a wake up call to many people and will spur them into finally caring about their heart health before it's too late.
I mentioned donuts and fried chicken above, which as I'm sure you know, are obvious heart cloggers due to the trans fats and refined inflammatory vegetable oils used in making these...
But what about so-called "healthy" foods such as whole grains in relation to your heart health? Well...
Here's an excerpt from a great book I've been reading lately called "The Great Cholesterol Myth" by Dr. Stephen Sinatra and Dr Jonny Bowden...
"A 2010 study in the Archives of Internal Medicine demonstrated that women who ate the highest amount of carbohydrates had a significantly greater risk of coronary heart disease than those who ate the lowest amount, and that carbohydrates from high-glycemic carbs were particularly associated with significantly greater risk for heart disease"
As you can see, they're seeing direct relationships between carbohydrate consumption and heart disease. And as you know already from my other articles, research in recent years has proven that natural saturated fat and dietary cholesterol basically has NOTHING to do with heart disease at all. It's sugar, overall high GI carbs, stress levels, and trans fats that appear to be the MAIN culprits responsible for heart disease.
What about immediate effects on your heart from eating a high-carb meal?
In the book, Dr Sinatra also discusses another research study done (at Tel Aviv University's Sackler School of Medicine and the Heart Institute of Sheba Medical Center) on the function of the endothelial walls of the arteries before and after eating a dose of high GI carbs...
They used something called brachial reactive testing to measure artery functioning and gave groups high GI carbs such as corn flakes and sugar (very much like the typical American breakfast) ... Dr Sinatra explains, "Enormous peaks indicating arterial stress were found in the high GI groups: the cornflakes and sugar groups."
We're not talking about artery damage here folks from saturated fat and cholesterol like you've been led to believe... as you can see, this study is showing direct damage to arteries from grains and sugar. Isn't it sad that those cornflakes are advertised by the food conglomerates as being a "wholesome and healthy" breakfast.
Dr Sinatra continues, "As researchers from Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health noted, quickly digested and absorbed carbs (i.e., those with a high glycemic load) are associated with an increased risk of heart disease." Note that one of the WORST carb sources in terms of blood sugar and glycemic load is anything made with wheat (even so-called "healthy whole wheat"), which has been proven in blood sugar testing to have a higher impact on blood sugar than even pure table sugar due to the nature of the Amylopectin-A in wheat foods.
FINISH READING this here:
NOTE: This is part of an advertisement to sell you a health book. It is posted here for the free information in this article. BibleProbe.com has nothing to do with this company. We have never sought to make a penny from advertisers via this message board or from BibleProbe.com. And we haven't!
- Cancer: Mom's Not Having Chemo... Cachexia… the real killer? - bibleprobe, 10.21.2013
- Hundreds of thousands losing health plans - bibleprobe, 10.23.2013
- Amazing SUPERFOODS (Spirulina & Chlorella & Chia Seeds) - bibleprobe, 10.28.2013
- Is Lung Cancer due heavily to Smoking? I THINK not! - bibleprobe, 11.02.2013
- Would you eat meat processed in China? NOT me! - bibleprobe, 11.07.2013
- Garlic as Effective as Medication in Lowering Blood Pressure - bibleprobe, 11.07.2013
- Cancer: American pawpaw twigs - 1000 x better than chemo? - bibleprobe, 11.14.2013
- This "Healthy" Food Damages Your Heart - bibleprobe, 11.18.2013
- Cancer: Cancer Patient Has Tumor Removed in Less Than an Hour - bibleprobe, 11.26.2013
- Boost anti-cancer effect of broccoli with broccoli sprouts - bibleprobe, 12.05.2013
- Cancer: Can inducing fever KILL off all your Cancer cells? - bibleprobe, 12.09.2013
- Hope: CD47 Cancer Drug that Shrinks or Cures all Tumors - bibleprobe, 12.15.2013
- EDTA Cream to remove artery plaque? - bibleprobe, 12.30.2013
- Cancer Cure - Sodium Dichloroacetate (DCA)? - bibleprobe, 12.30.2013
- Cayenne Pepper: If you can take the heat - is very healthy - bibleprobe, 01.07.2014
- Gastric bypass alternative- powder expands & fills stomach - bibleprobe, 01.12.2014
- Did Omega 3 in fish oil cure this extreme brain trauma? - bibleprobe, 01.18.2014
- Cure yourself of Alzheimer's or Dementia naturally. See book - bibleprobe, 01.21.2014
- Cancer: Chamomile Tea Kills Cancer Cells - bibleprobe, 11.22.2014