Is hand sanitizer toxic? (Health)
Is hand sanitizer toxic?
By Bob Barnett, upwave.com
The verdict: Soap and water beats sanitizers hands-down
When it comes to safety and effectiveness, the main concern with hand sanitizers is triclosan, which is the main antibacterial ingredient in nonalcoholic hand sanitizers.
"There's no good evidence that triclosan-containing products have a benefit," says Allison Aiello, associate professor of epidemiology at the University of Michigan. In Europe and the United States, hospitals won't even use them, she notes; it's thought that they don't reduce infections or illness.
Dr. Anna Bowen, a medical epidemiologist at The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, says, "Triclosan-containing products don't provide any disease protection beyond what you get from washing with soap and water."
Research has shown that triclosan can disrupt the endocrine system, amplifying testosterone. In animal studies, it reduced muscle strength. It may also harm the immune system. Whether these findings add up to human toxicity isn't established yet, but the FDA is currently reviewing the issue.
FINISH READING this at: CNN
- Holistic healing: EDTA,Graviola,D3,Procaine,Trans COQ-10,Trans Resveratrol - bibleprobe, 09.22.2013
- Ancient bread sprouts anew- Ingredients date to biblical times - bibleprobe, 09.24.2013
- Tally of some really unhealthy foods that can kill you - bibleprobe, 10.16.2013
- Is hand sanitizer toxic? - bibleprobe, 10.17.2013
- Is Your Favorite Beer Brewed with Fish Bladder? - bibleprobe, 10.17.2013
- Mom's Not Having Chemo... Cachexia… the real killer? - bibleprobe, 10.21.2013
- The link between sodium nitrites and cancer - bibleprobe, 10.23.2013
- FDA: Antibacterial soaps could pose health risks - bibleprobe, 12.16.2013
- Death By Toothpaste & Turmeric vice Mouthwash - bibleprobe, 12.27.2013
- Cure yourself of Alzheimer's or Dementia naturally. See book - bibleprobe, 01.21.2014