Tally of some really unhealthy foods that can kill you (Health)
Tally of some really unhealthy supermarket & restaurant foods that can kill you
The U. S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) web site says: "Sodium intake from processed and restaurant foods contributes to increased rates of high blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke. Decreasing sodium intake to within recommended limits could prevent thousands of deaths annually.
We all need a small amount (e.g., between about 180 mg and 500 mg per day) of sodium to keep our bodies working properly".
Adults with absolutely no health problems (especially no high blood pressure) should keep their daily intake of sodium at 2300 mg and below.
Reference for above: http://www.cdc.gov/features/dssodium/
We are not saying they will kill you. But we are saying the high fat & high sodium numbers in this list in our opinion are certainly not beneficial to your health. We think that 1500 mg of salt/sodium a day is sufficient for a healthy adult with NO health problems whatsoever. As to calories. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends men consume 2,000 to 2,600 calories if they’re sedentary, 2,200 to 2,800 calories if they’re moderately active and 2,400 to 3,000 calories per day if they are active. 1500 calories would be where a dieting adult may want to be at.
Because women generally have a smaller frame and less lean body mass than men, they usually require fewer calories. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends women consume 1,600 to 2,000 calories if they are sedentary, 1,800 to 2,200 calories if they’re moderately active and 2,000 to 2,400 calories per day if they are active.
These below are in no particular order.
- Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup - 1 can is 1900 mg of sodium
- Mary Callender's 16.5 oz Chicken Pot Pie - 1600 mg of sodium & 1040 calories
- Domino's Chicken Carbonara Breadbowl Pasta - 1,480 calories, 56 grams of fat (24 g saturated fat & 1 gram trans fat), 2,280 mg of sodium, and
188 grams of carbs
- T.G.I. Friday’s BBQ Chicken Wrap - 1720 calories
- Applebee’s Quesadilla Burger - 1,420 calories, 104 grams of fat (43 grams saturated & 3 grams trans fat), and 4,000 mg of sodium
- Applebee’s Appetizer Sampler - has 2,510 calories, 168 grams of fat (49 grams saturated & 2.5 grams trans fat), and a whopping 6,660 mg of sodium
- IHOP's Country Fried Steak & Eggs - contains a total of 1,760 calories, 3,720 mg of sodium and 23 grams of saturated fat. It is the equivalent of having five McDonald's Egg McMuffins.
- IHOP Top Sirloin Steak - 2,380 calories, 42 grams of saturated fat, and a whopping 5,220 mg of sodium
- IHOP Colorado Omelette - has 1,890 calories, 47 grams of saturated fat, 4,200 mg of sodium, and 130 grams of carbohydrates
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito - 2200 mg of sodium, 970 calories, and 18 grams of saturated fat
- Jack in the Box Bacon Cheddar Wedges - 760 calories, 53 grams of fat
(17 grams saturated, 13 grams trans fat), and 963 mg of sodium
- Maggiano’s Little Italy's 18 oz. Veal Porterhouse With the potatoes you are at 2,710 calories, 45 grams of sat fat, and 3,700 mg of sodium. This doesn't even include the Ciabatta Roll that comes with the meal.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy's Chocolate Zuccotto Cake - 1,820 calories, 62 grams of saturated fat, and 26 teaspoons of sugar
- Cheesecake Factory's Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake - 1760 calories and 50 grams of saturated fat
- Cheesecake Factory's Bistro Shrimp Pasta - 2,819 calories, 77 grams of saturated fat and 1,008 mg of sodium
- Cheesecake Factory Kids' Pasta with Alfredo Sauce - 1,803 calories,
86 grams of saturated fat, 876 mg of sodium, and 70 grams of carbohydrates
- Cheesecake Factory's Crispy Chicken Costoletta - 2,610 calories, 89 grams of saturated fat, and 2,720 mg of sodium
- Cheescake Factory's French Toast with Bacon - has 2,494 calories,
71 grams of saturated fat, 3,542 mg of sodium, and 182 grams of carbohydrates
- Cheesecake Factory Grilled Chicken and Avocado Club - 1,752 calories,
28 grams of saturated fat, 2,309 mg of sodium, and 85 grams of carbs
- Five Guys Fries (large) - 1,464 calories, 71 grams of fat (14 grams saturated fat), and 213 mg of sodium
- Pillsbury Southern Style frozen biscuits each have 170 calories 1 1/2 grams of saturated fat, and 3 1/2 grams of tans fat
- Olive Garden's Tour of Italy (Lasagna, Light breaded chicken parmigiana & creamy fettuccine Alfredo) - has 1450 calories, 33 grams of saturated fat - and GET THIS: 3830 mg of sodium
- Outback Steakhouse Chocolate Thunder from Down Under - 1,911 calories, 88 grams of saturated fat, and 135 grams of carbohydrates
- Outback Steakhouse Baby Back Ribs (full rack) - 2,012 calories, 160 grams of fat (59 grams saturated), and 2,599 mg of sodium
- Chili's Buffalo Chicken Crisper Bites - 1,620 calories, 100 grams of fat (21 grams saturated fat), and 5,380 mg of sodium
- Chili's Full Rack of Baby Back Ribs with Shiner Bock BBQ Sauce, Homestyle Fries and Cinnamon Apples - 2,330 calories, 45 grams of sat fat and GET THIS: 6,490 mg of sodium
- Sbarro Stuffed Pepperoni (1 slice) - 960 calories, 42 grams of fat, and 3,200 mg of sodium
- Starbucks 20 oz Venti has 580 calories, 14 grams of saturated fat, and 13 teaspoons of sugar
- Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream, on average only a half cup serving (who eats only 1/2 cup) has 300 calories, plus saturated fat & cholesterol
- Culver's North Atlantic Cod Filet Meal (3 pieces) - 2,121 calories,
135 grams of fat (21 grams saturated & 2 grams trans fat), and 2,568 mg of sodium
- Cold Stone Creamery's 'Oh Fudge' shake has 1060 calories for the small 16 oz size, 1360 calories for the 20 oz size, and 1600 calories & 62 grams of saturated fat for its 24 oz
- Smoothie King's Peanut Power Plus Grape Smoothie - 1,460 calories and 39 teaspoons of sugar
- Long John Silver's The Big Catch meal - contains 33 grams of trans fat and 3,700 milligrams of sodium and 1,320 calories
- UNO CHicago Grill's Deep Dish Macaroni & 3-Cheese - 1,980 calories, 71 grams of saturated fat, and 3,110 milligrams of sodium
- On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Creamy Red Chile Sauce - 2,240 calories, 152 grams of fat (32 grams saturated fat), and 4,000 mg of sodium
- Original Parkay Margarine sticks may have 0 mg of cholesterol as advertised - but each tablespoon has 1 1/2 grams of trans fat and 1 1/2 grams of saturated fat. Parkay isn't alone. Watch out for trans-fat sticks by Fleishmann's, Land O'Lakes, Country Crock and Blue Bonnet
- Holistic healing: EDTA,Graviola,D3,Procaine,Trans COQ-10,Trans Resveratrol - bibleprobe, 09.22.2013 (Health)
- Ancient bread sprouts anew- Ingredients date to biblical times - bibleprobe, 09.24.2013
- Tally of some really unhealthy foods that can kill you - bibleprobe, 10.16.2013
- Is hand sanitizer toxic? - bibleprobe, 10.17.2013
- Is Your Favorite Beer Brewed with Fish Bladder? - bibleprobe, 10.17.2013
- Mom's Not Having Chemo... Cachexia… the real killer? - bibleprobe, 10.21.2013
- The link between sodium nitrites and cancer - bibleprobe, 10.23.2013
- FDA: Antibacterial soaps could pose health risks - bibleprobe, 12.16.2013
- Death By Toothpaste & Turmeric vice Mouthwash - bibleprobe, 12.27.2013
- Cure yourself of Alzheimer's or Dementia naturally. See book - bibleprobe, 01.21.2014