California: Gay judge targeted for same-sex marriage ruling (homosexuality)
Gay judge targeted for same-sex marriage ruling
Vaughn Walker declared Proposition 8 an unconstitutional violation of gay Californians' civil rights
13 June 2011
SAN FRANCISCO — A retired federal judge's long-term relationship with another man will be the subject of an unusual and possibly unprecedented court hearing Monday involving California's same-sex marriage ban.
Lawyers for the sponsors of the voter-approved ban are asking the chief federal judge in San Francisco to vacate the decision issued by his predecessor last year that declared Proposition 8 an unconstitutional violation of gay Californians' civil rights.
They maintain that former Chief District Judge Vaughn Walker should have recused himself or disclosed his relationship status before trial because he and his partner stood to personally benefit from Walker's verdict.
Finish reading this at: MSNBC
- Americans believe 1 in 4 are homosexual - Ray, 06.07.2011 (homosexuality)
- The word 'queer' is not OVER RATED -only 1.4% are Gay - bibleprobe, 06.07.2011
- Homos-exual Behavior Costs us $20 Billion a Yr in Health Costs - bibleprobe, 06.09.2011
- What if some other behavior (like homosexuality) cost 25 million lives? - bibleprobe, 06.10.2011
- DINKs Rule: Why so few homos-exuals have such power - bibleprobe, 06.11.2011
- California: Gay judge targeted for same-sex marriage ruling - bibleprobe, 06.13.2011